Tuesday, September 21, 2010

10,000 Visitors and a Literacy Award

This blog has passed the 10,000 visitor mark since it was created in July '09. I am humbled by that number and thank you all for reading my stories!




Deanna Schrayer of The Other Side of Deanna kindly bestowed her "I'm A Literacy Builder" Award on me, in honor of International Literacy Day. I'm thrilled to be recognized in such a fashion.

The rules are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.

2. Display the award logo on your blog site.

3. Tell us five of your favorite words and why you like them, (add as many as you like).

4. Pass the award on to three bloggers you feel are excellent literacy builders, and link to their sites.

5. Contact the bloggers you’ve chosen and let them know about the award.

Written language is richer than the spoken word. Some of my favorite words are those not used in everyday conversation, such as:

Sibilant

Lascivious

Salacious

I'd like to pass this award on to:

Karen at Miscellaneous Yammering for her poetry, stories and wit,

Cathy at Life on the Muskoka River who always has something worthwhile to say,

Pamela Jo at There's Just Life who pokes fun at her spelling skills but forges on anyway with a variety of subjects that entertain.

What's your favorite word? Feel free to leave it in the comments.